Terms of Service
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
FStructures.com, provides the following service to you, subject to these Terms of Service ("
TOS"), which may be updated periodically without prior notice. Failure to comply with these
TOS may result in account revocation.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
FStructures.com is a web-based service that allows its users to create and update online articles (herein referred as the "Service"). Once registered with FStructures.com, each user receives his or her own article space to post text, data, messages, or information concerning or linked to software, music, sound, photography, graphics, and video (the "Content"). This Content may reside on FStructures.com servers or on the servers of a third party.
FStructures.com currently has a following account structure.
Beta accounts : Yet are available for free to all valid registrants.
Permanent accounts: These accounts are generally bestowed upon the FStructures.com founders, administrators, or those that have earned a Permanent account by virtue of "Work Excellence" for FStructures.com. FStructures.com administrative communities such as news, development, etc., are also established as Permanent accounts for the benefit of FStructures.com users.
By using the Service, you agree to this structure, and to FStructures.com right to change, modify, or discontinue any type of account and/or its respective services.
YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
You agree to indemnify and hold FStructures.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any alleged claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your Content, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the
TOS, or your violation of any rights of another, whether you are a registered user or not. The user is solely responsible for his or her actions when using the Service, including, but not limited to, costs incurred for Internet access.
SPECIAL ADMONITIONS FOR INTERNATIONAL USE
Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable Content. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from country in which you reside.
GENERAL PRACTICES REGARDING USE AND STORAGE
You acknowledge that FStructures.com may be required to send you emails regarding your use of the Service; however, we will never ask you to submit additional personal information or to verify the status of information related to your account in any such email. You acknowledge that FStructures.com may establish limits concerning use of the Service and may modify these limits at any time.
MODIFICATIONS TO SERVICE
FStructures.com reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice at any time. You agree that FStructures.com shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
NO RESALE OF SERVICE
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
You agree that FStructures.com, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password, article, or account, and remove and discard any content within the Service, for any reason, including and without limitation, the lack of use, or if FStructures.com believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the
TOS. Any contracts, verbal or written or assumed, in conjunction with your deleted article and all its parts, at FStructures.com discretion, will be terminated as well. FStructures.com may also, in its sole discretion and at any time, discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Service under any provision of this
TOS may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that FStructures.com may immediately deactivate or delete your articles at FStructures.com and all related information and files. FStructures.com reserves the right to bar any further access to such files or the Service. You agree that FStructures.com shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Service.
ADVERTISEMENTS AND PROMOTIONS
You understand and agree that some or all of the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for FStructures.com to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that you will not obscure any advertisements from general view via HTML/CSS or any other means. By using the Service, you agree that FStructures.com has the right to run such advertisements with or without prior notice, and without recompense to you or any other user. The manner, mode and extent of advertising by FStructures.com on your Content and throughout the Service are subject to change at FStructures.com discretion. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Service, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that FStructures.com shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Service.
The Service, or relevant third parties, may provide links to other web sites or resources. Because FStructures.com has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that FStructures.com is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that FStructures.com shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You agree to follow the following guidelines for posting Content to your online article:
- All Content posted to FStructures.com in any way, is the responsibility and property of the author. FStructures.com is committed to maintaining the Service in a manner reasonably acceptable to all audiences but is not responsible for the monitoring or filtering of any article Content. Within the confines of international and local law, FStructures.com will generally not place a limit on the type or appropriateness of user content within articles. Those users posting material not suitable for all audiences must agree that they are fully responsible for all the Content they have posted anywhere on the Service. Should Content be deemed illegal by such law having jurisdiction over the user, you agree that FStructures.com may submit all necessary information to, and cooperate with, the proper authorities;
- Should any Content that you have authored be reported to FStructures.com as being offensive or inappropriate, FStructures.com might call upon you to retract, modify, or protect (by means of private and friends only settings) the Content in question within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by the FStructures.com staff. Should you fail to meet such a request from FStructures.com staff, FStructures.com may terminate your account. FStructures.com, however, is under no obligation to restrict or monitor article Content in any way;
- FStructures.com claims no ownership or control over any Content posted by its users. The author retains all patent, trademark, and copyright to all Content posted within available fields, and is responsible for protecting those rights, but is not entitled to the help of the FStructures.com staff in protecting such Content. The user posting any Content represents that it has all rights necessary to post such Content (and for FStructures.com to serve such Content) without violation of any intellectual property or other rights of third parties, or any laws or regulations;
- FStructures.com reserves the right, without limitation except by law, to serve any user Content on the web, through the downloadable clients and otherwise. FStructures.com also reserves the right, without limitation, to resell any portion of a user's FStructures.com back to that individual;
- You acknowledge that FStructures.com does not pre-screen Content, but that FStructures.com and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to remove or refuse or remove any Content that is available through the Service. Without limiting the foregoing, FStructures.com and its designates shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any content that violates the
TOS or is otherwise objectionable, or that infringes or is alleged to infringe intellectual property rights. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. Furthermore, FStructures.com reserves the right to limit access to your article, if found in violation of the
TOS, including without limitation the Member Conduct described below, by removing the article and related user information from the member directory, search engine, and all other methods used in conjunction with finding FStructures.com users.
FSTRUCTURES.COM PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
You acknowledge and agree that the Service, and any necessary software used in connection with the Service (referred to as "Software"), may contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable laws governing intellectual property, proprietary rights and the like. All FStructures.com code and specifications, and all other code and specifications for the Software and the operation of the Service, are subject to their express or implied licenses. You further acknowledge and agree that Content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Service or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by FStructures.com or advertisers, you agree not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the Content, the Service or the Software, in whole or in part.
Submission of Unsolicited Ideas and Information
You understand that all Content, including without limitation, all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. FStructures.com does not control Content posted via the Service and, as such, does not guarantee the validity of such Content. You also understand that by using the Service, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Should Content be found or reported to be in violation with, but not limited to, the following terms, it will be FStructures.com sole discretion as to what action should be taken.
You agree to NOT use the Service to:
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive to another's privacy (up to, but not excluding any address, email, phone number, or any other contact information without the written consent of the owner of such information), hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a FStructures.com staff member or volunteer, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with FStructures.com or any other person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, post or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass another person or company;
- Collect or store personal data about other users for business purposes;
- Promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury against any governmental entity, group or individual, or promote any act of cruelty to animals. This may include, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs, grenades, and other weapons or incendiary devices;
- Use FStructures.com as a forwarding service to another website;
- Allow usage by others in such a way as to violate FStructures.com
- Engage in commercial activities within FStructures.com or on behalf of FStructures.com without prior approval. This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- Displaying a banner that is designed to profit you or any other business or organization; and
- Displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their web sites.
- Employ tactics and/or technologies to prevent the full and complete delivery or display of advertisements on FStructures.com pages. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Making article style changes, customizations, or overrides that effectively block or substantially impair the display of advertisements on a Sponsored+ account's Content or other pages within the Service.
- Employing and/or providing software programs, browser scripts, or other technologies that serve to block or substantially impair the display of advertisements on FStructures.com pages.
- Solicit passwords or personal identifying information for unintended, commercial or unlawful purposes from other users.
- Exceed the scope of the Service that you have signed up for; for example, accessing and using features that you do not have a right to use, or deleting, adding to, or otherwise changing other people's entries or other content when you have not been granted the privileges to do so.
- Make excessive or otherwise harmful automated use of the system.
See this page for details on our automated use policy: http://www.FStructures.com/static/bots.html.
If FStructures.com determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any user is in violation of the
TOS, FStructures.com retains the right to terminate such user's account at any time without prior notice.
VOLUNTEERS AND FSTRUCTURES.COM
FStructures.com appreciates the significant contributions made by volunteers, who assist FStructures.com in its efforts to provide high quality, community driven online services. To help achieve this goal, FStructures.com volunteers perform a variety of technical and non-technical tasks, including, but not limited to, programming, the creation of web-based content (HTML, and other formats), graphic design, audio and/or visual content creation, technical writing, managing electronic data libraries and/or databases, technical support, reviewing, categorizing, legal assistance, archiving and/or forwarding electronic data, providing expert advice, administration, management, accounting, research, content creation, promotions, or other assignments, as needed. All volunteers are expected to be of legal age, or volunteering with the consent of a legal parent or guardian.
By accepting these
TOS, any FStructures.com member agrees that the intellectual Content created as a result of volunteer work for FStructures.com constitutes intellectual property of FStructures.com and that all rights in said Content shall vest in FStructures.com at the time that it is created, to the extent permitted by law. If laws prevent such vesting, the volunteer makes assignment of all such rights to FStructures.com at the time of creation. If laws prevent such assignment, the volunteer grants a perpetual world wide irrevocable license to FStructures.com to use said Content. If laws prevent such licensing, the volunteer agrees never to sue FStructures.com for the use of said Content.
The volunteer certifies that any electronic data he/she submits is his/her work and that to the best of the volunteer's knowledge, the electronic data is not claimed by another. The volunteer agrees to insure that any work provided is correct, error free and does not contain any inflammatory language, indecency or obscenities. Furthermore, if said work is found to be illegally presented, claimed, or forged, FStructures.com may remove such material and, at FStructures.com discretion, seek action against the individual(s) from which the work originated. No FStructures.com user is required to become a volunteer to this Service, and users without volunteer status will receive reasonable support and attention as well. Without the expressed written confirmation to the contrary, all FStructures.com positions are assumed to be taken without pay or future consideration.